1. Your wine purchases have doubled.
2. The kids want pizza again? Sure.
3. Your fantasies involve the bath and the bed, for bathing and sleeping. And that’s it.
4. Every American flag makes you a bit weepy.
5. When your kid’s playdate is leaving at 4, you desperately ask the parent if they want to stay for dinner. And then maybe a sleepover.
6. You consider joining a single parent support group. (Especially if your spouse is an IA or you’re not in a spouses club.)
7. Suddenly your Reserve weekends seem a lot more fun.
8. You stay at Chick-Fil-A for three hours. Or more. And you don’t always eat.
9. You go to bed at least two hours later than usual. And stay up too late watching TV. Probably Law and Order. But SVU or original, not Criminal Intent.
10. When laundry piles up, you just buy more underwear.
If you were reading this and nodding vigorously, please know that you’re appreciated. And feel free to contribute your own. I welcome your additions!
Have a wonderful day, and give yourself a hug – you deserve it!